Sunday, December 26, 2010

Old Fart Speech

The snow is perfect. It is piling up slowly so we can still get out and motor around. This week between Christmas and New Year is a moment when the US slows down. Although, we have slowed way down in the past couple of years. This time of year used to feel more special because of the easy pace, but it seems that we are all in a lower gear. Doesn't feel like anything is getting accomplished. I read the other day that China has a train that can go as fast as a fucking jet or something. They also have the fastest computer. The US used to be first in all that. We certainly had our faults, but we were on the cutting edge of most technology. Now, it seems we are falling behind so quickly, you can feel it week to week, month to month. The Chinese children are learning 10 languages and we are jacking off about Bristol Palin on Dancing with the Stars (which I have to say is the stupidest show I have ever seen-and, yes, I watch reality TV). The craving for reality TV is so strong; there's no denying that. I count the news channels as reality TV. I had an unquenchable thirst for news until Obama gave the rich their tax break AND their estate tax! My stomach has been turned to the point of no return. I have actually turned all the news off! Maybe this is the plan of the owners of this country: frustrate people so much that they no longer care. I don't want to sound like an old fart, and maybe this is what everybody sees when they get older. Fuck it. I hope so. I hope that's all it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment