Thursday, January 5, 2012

DVD Isolation

I can't tell you how many times I have ended up watching a movie on TV that has commericals and editing, when I have the uncut version on DVD or Apple TV. I'm not the only one that does this. Are we so lazy that we just don't want to put in the DVD or start Apple TV? I think it is deeper than that. When you watch a movie on TV, there is a sense of community even though it's a pain in the ass community that cuts out all the real language and shows sinus commericals. When you are watching DVD, there is a sense of being closed off. Isolation. I have observed we are more likely to choose the "isolation" of a DVD or Apple TV when there are more than 2 people because we are not alone. The isolation turns to privacy.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I never thought to put a name on it but I know exactly what youre saying!

    ReplyDelete