Monday, January 9, 2012

Papa John's Apologizes for Calling Customer "Lady Chinky Eyes"

Papa John's is apologizing and is firing an employee who called an Asian customer "lady chinky eyes."
Minhee Cho ordered a pizza on Saturday at one of the chain's locations in New York City, and when she looked at her receipt she saw the ethnic slur where her name should have been.
She took to Twitter, posting an image of the receipt and writing:
Hey @PapaJohns just FYI my name isn’t "lady chinky eyes."
It went viral, prompting Papa John's to apologize, also on Twitter:
We are very upset by recent receipt issue in New York & sincerely apologize to our customer. Franchise employee involved is being terminated.
Store owner Ronald Johnson told the New York Daily News he will order sensitivity training for his employees.
“It’s just wrong,” he said. “I was shocked and I was very, very upset about it.”
He seemed more upset than the 24-year-old Cho.
"I wasn’t super angry about it,” she said. “I (just) can’t believe this happened in this day and age."
Still, she said she probably won't be going back to Papa John's anytime soon. And she really shouldn't given the quality of the local pizza.
“Some of the tweets I’ve gotten back are, ‘Why are you going to Papa John’s when you live in New York City?’” she said.

From: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/society/headlines/papa-johns-apologizes-calling-customer-lady-chinky-eyes

1 comment:

  1. I always turn to Vampire any time I want to. I become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my Town. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete