Monday, April 25, 2011

Missing Fingers

My husband and I made kind of  a large purchase this weekend. Not a car or anything that big. But big enough that it required a salesman putting information into a computer. We had been dealing with the salesman for about 20 minutes. But it was only when I sat down next to him and he started typing our information into the computer that I noticed he was missing his index finger and thumb on one hand. I think this was some kind of birth defect because there were little nubs where his fingers should have started. It didn't look like they had been cut off. I couldn't help staring at the air where his fingers would have been. I'm sure he caught me looking, but I really didn't mean anything by it. I thought they were interesting; it was a break from the tedious factory of normal hands you have to deal with every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment