Friday, May 20, 2011

DUMB

I don't know if I'm just getting old or if people are really getting dumber. It seems like I.Q.s drop monthly. I saw a woman on a political talking head show and she said companies are hiring engineers from China and India because they are smarter than Americans. The schools here are so bad that we can't produce any skilled labor. We are in serious fucking trouble. Even if they decided that education was a priority and started tomorrow, we wouldn't see any results for 20 years.
Now I have to ask myself: Am I over reacting or is this real. Everybody hits a point when they start bitching about the state of things. I remember old members of my family bitching in the 70s and 80s about how the country had gone to hell on a railroad.
I wish it was just me getting old but I don't think so. We are in for it. And what's worse, we did it to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment