Thursday, July 21, 2011

Too Hot For The Civil War!

It is 7,000 degrees outside. I just don't know how the Confederate army is going to stand this heat! I think the uniforms are wool. I really wanted to go to the Battle of Bull Run this weekend, but I believe my blood would get so hot it would stop moving in my veins. I'm rereading Gone With The Wind in the AC to celebrate.

A couple of years ago, I saw an ad for a reenactment in the Northern Virginia area that boasted it would be having "mock amputations." MOCK AMPUTATIONS???? I don't know how they do that exactly, but they got me! They had me at "mock."

150th Anniversary of the First Battle of Bull Run. Festivities started today. Information below if you are in the area, interested and can stand the heat:

http://www.manassasbullrun.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment