Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fucking Summer

Here comes fucking summer. I can never get comfortable from June till September. The air in Northern Virginia is like a jungle furnace. Unbearable. Unforgivable. It doesn't matter if you are wearing clothes that are lighter than toilet paper, you will still roast just walking to the car. I can’t go outside to do anything. I can't breathe. I don't mean to sound like a pussy, but it's true. The area around DC used to be a swamp. I don't see how tourists come to DC and sashay around toting cameras and heavy-ass bags. I wonder if I'm missing a gene that allows me to deal with the heat. My family has a lot of scotch in it in, so maybe that's the explanation. I just don't see how people can get excited about this time of year and take off to destinations that involve volleyball use, take off to places that doesn't use air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment