Friday, June 17, 2011

Grey Gardens-1975 Documentary

Just saw the documentary Grey Gardens. Utterly fantastic!

I first saw the movie Grey Gardens that came out a year or so ago with Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange. It was wonderful, and I would recommend seeing it before watching the "real" documentary, Grey Gardens from 1975. The newer film provides the back story. 
Edith Beale is a Bouvier, the aunt of Jackie Kennedy. Near as I can tell, Edith's husband left her and took the money, leaving Edith and Edie in Grey Gardens, their East Hampton house, with little income.

Wonderful surreal moment when Edith Beale sings "Tea For Two."

Grey Gardens is one of those rare gems that makes you warm and sick inside all at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. I always turn to Vampire any time I want to. I become a Vampire because of how people treat me, this world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. at the snack of my finger things are made happened. am now a Powerful Man and no one step on me without an apology goes free. i turn to Human being also at any time i want to. and am one of the most dreaded Man in my Town. i become a Vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a Vampire Kingdom by given me their email. if you want to become a Powerful Vampire kindly contact the Vampire Kingdom on their Email: Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete